Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life Drawing 2 Intro

I am taking Life Drawing Two because I could always improve my skill with drawing people, and it is something that I am interested in. I took Drawing One when I studied abroad in Glasgow, Scotland back in January- May of 2008. I learned a lot from the class, and I really think that all this will help me with my Multimedia Design major. My dream job is to create animated films.

This semester I am hoping to learn more about the body and the forms and shapes that it can take. In my Life Drawing One class I just learned basic shapes and to get proportions correct. I also learned how to get effects using different mediums such as pencil, pastel, charcoal, and paint. I would like to advance the knowledge that I already have of the human form and create something memorable and beneficial to my career.

What I would like to improve on is my overall skill and better lines. I have a hard time getting proportions correct, but most of all, what I would like to improve is just the ability to draw something that resembles a human!

1 comment:

  1. Tasha,
    You'll have to let me know what you learned about proportions, or how they taught those in Scotland. I have two opinions on proportions: 1) it is somewhat helpful to know traditional proportion landmarks (the symphysis pubis is 1/2 way up and down on the figure, etc.) and 2) that if you draw enough gesture drawings of the whole figure, proportions will become a part of your subconscious through practice, without even worrying about the above mentioned systems.

    I think the best reason for understanding systems of proportion is for double checking work after you've drawn it.

    ReplyDelete